Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just bored.....





































Well, not much to report. Tracy and the kids are living the good life back in the states with the family. I'm just sitting around bored doing nothing.

Spent the last week at work getting the email inbox cleaned up after 3 weeks off. I can honestly say that I didn't miss work while I was gone.....it still pretty much sucks. I just miss working with the soldiers and going home at the end of the day feeling like I was value added. I work with good people I'm just not the desk riding type.

Spring is here with a vengeance. The country and even here in the city is all greened up. Korea is truly a beautiful country. Our apartment village is beautiful as well.....the Korean kids are out playing everywhere.
I enjoyed dinner with the missionaries on Friday night at a local Chinese restaurant.....Elder Stock, Elder Seal, Elder Rob and Elder Elder......yup Elder Elder, funny huh? It was good however I must admit I've been hesitant about eating at a place with only 1 table and that misspelled restaurant on their sign.

I went to the Camp Walker Armed Forces Day/Open House on Saturday afternoon......about 5000 Koreans from off-post came out to look at the military vehicles and helicopters that were on display.

I called up Mr. Kim my landlord on Saturday afternoon and got him to go to the ballgame with me. Daegu has a pro baseball team; the Samsung Lions. It was a great time and very family oriented. Cost me 6000 Won to get in which is less than $5.00, which then gets you general seating so you just go sit where you want. I'm glad to report that the home team won easily over the #2 ranked team in Korea. This will hopefully be a regular event for the family when they return.
Started the day off with church.....was a surprising number today with us starting summer we are usually low in numbers with families going back to the states for the summer and the English and DODs school teachers getting out for the summer but we ended up with 55 today. Lessons today were good.....can't get to much on the plan of salvation!

Just got back from Scouts....started out with the Wolf cubs even though Ryan is not here I want to stay involved so he can come straight back in once he returns. Then after Wolves I went over to the Camp Walker pool where the Boy Scouts met so that we could conduct swim tests in preparation for their summer camp.

Pretty busy week coming up. Cubscout Pack Planning meeting tomorrow night, BBQ with the Lambert's on Tuesday night, then headed up to Seoul on Friday after work to spend the night at the Temple......this Saturday will be my first day as a Temple worker! Should be good times!

I know one thing for sure. It has only been a week and I miss Tracy and the kids very much. You see I'm not really so much the loner type if you can believe it. I much prefer chaos as opposed to quiet. Quiet is good for a couple of days but 9 1/2 more weeks.....if you find that I've thrown myself off the 21st floor you will know it was because I was bored to death. You know, there is alot to do here but again.....not super cool doing them by yourself!

I truly do miss you kids.
And Tracy: In the words of the great poet Richard Marx.....I'm right here waiting for you.......

Love to all,
James
It just occurred to me that since I'm here all alone now my blog should be JAMES on a Mission instead of Tollett's.........or maybe Big Daddy on a mission......I'll have to ponder that a little more!

No comments:

Post a Comment