Monday, January 5, 2009

Off and running......




Well, another busy week. James Dean, Paris and I traveled to Seoul for Youth Conference this last weekend. Was a pretty good trip. Had about 60 kids there from all over the peninsula.


Some highlights would of course be the Temple (they have a dorm where you can over night at the Temple.....only a few in the world). The bullet train was pretty cool as well.....travels at 188 miles per hour and feels like you are sitting on the couch at home. There were 11 total in our group, 8 youth, me and our senior missionaries, Bro/Sis Egbert. They are an amazing asset to our little branch.


We have hit some snags in the health care options offered us here so beware. Little things like disposable gloves and tongue depressors are not really requirements here in the land of the morning calm......you can bet it was not calm while Kylee was getting blood drawn. She can only use the "butterfly strips" which is a very small needle....let's just say that she is bruised up badly in both arms and still didn't get any blood drawn. They (the only provider approved by my BCBS insurance) don't have any of the small needles. Good times.


I found out that my truck has made it to Korea so maybe I'll get it this week.


Also, Tracy called me at work today and said our apartment complex was surrounded by Korean police and that people were screaming and running all over the place. Sounded like a riot to me but my landlord told me that it was "hard to explain" and to "not worry about it"........


Alrighty then.......till next time.


Love to all, James

3 comments:

  1. That sounds a little shady!
    Poor Kylee, I hope she is feeling better!
    I love to hear about your adventures, it makes me feel like you guys aren't so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay that last part is kind of scary! :) I can't believe yall are in Korea! Wow what an adventure. I love having an adventure on the military's dime. so glad yall decided to blog! It was so fun to read about our favorite families, and keep up! Take care & hugs from Alaska !

    ReplyDelete
  3. o.k. Wow! When did you guys move to Korea?! We moved from the JC Ward not 3 months ago (o.k. so maybe 4 now) and you're gone? How and when did that happen? Glad to hear you are all doing well though. The apt. complex incident would have scared the living daylights out of me!
    ~Sister Sharon Crown

    ReplyDelete